Peer Review Ratings
- Rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America
- Commercial, Construction, and Environmental Litigation
- Selected to Rhode
Island Super Lawyers since 2008
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
Supreme Court of the United States
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
United States District Court for the District of
United States District Court for the District of Rhode
Middle District of Florida
Eastern District of Pennsylvania
State of California
Section of Environment, Energy and Resources
- Fellow, American Bar
- MURI ASSOCIATES LLC
Member and founder: 2007 -
- Goldenberg & Muri LLP
Partner and co-founder: 1988 - 2007
- Licht & Semonoff (later Tillinghast Licht
Chair of the firm's litigation department: 1984 - 1988
- June 2005. Presented analysis and panel discussion on
"Professionalism and Civility in Contemporary Litigation" at
the annual meeting of the Rhode Island Bar Association.
- May 2006. Presented paper and analysis on
statements and closing arguments in the United States District
Court for the District of Rhode
Island as part of the Court's Federal Practice Series.
- June 2010. Served as
moderator and panelist for a discussion of aspects of
federal practice at the annual meeting of the Rhode
Island Bar Association. The panelists included the
active members of the Federal Court bench (Chief Judge
Mary M. Lisi, District Judge William E. Smith, and
Senior Judge Ronald R. Lagueux).
- Opening Statements and Closing Arguments in the United
States District Court for the District of Rhode Island, A
Survey of Governing Law, May 2006, Rhode Island Bar
- Luckerman v. Narragansett Indian Tribe, 965 F.Supp.2d 224 (D.R.I. 2013), recons. denied, 965 F.Supp.2d 224 (D.R.I. 2014), appeal dismissed for lack of jurisdiction, 787 F.3d 621 (1st Cir. 2015).
- Tantara Corp. v. Bay Street Neighborhood Ass'n, LLC, No. NC-11-55, 2012 WL 4848704 (R.I. Super. Oct. 4, 2012), recons. denied, 2013 WL 207253 (R.I. Super. Jan. 8, 2013).
- Ashland Inc. v. Gar Electroforming, 729 F. Supp. 2d
526 (D.R.I. 2010).
- Corvello v. New England Gas Co., Inc., 532 F. Supp.
2d 396 (D.R.I. 2008).
- Parella v. Ret. Bd. of Rhode Island Employees' Retirement System, et. al.,
173 F.3d 46 (1st Cir. 1999).
- Zannini v. Downing Corp., 701 A.2d 1016 (R.I. 1997).
- Fleet Nat'l Bank v. Anchor Media Television, Inc., 45
F.3d 546 (1st Cir. 1995).
- Holliston Mills, Inc. v. Citizens Trust Co., 604 A.2d
331 (R.I. 1992).
- Baker v. ICA Mortg. Corp., 588 A.2d 616 (R.I. 1991).
- Hometown Props., Inc. v. Rhode Island Dept. of Envtl.
Mgmt., 592 A.2d 841 (R.I. 1991).
- Dulgarian v. City of Providence, 507 A.2d 448 ( R.I.
- B.L. McTeague & Co., Inc. v. Martin Copeland Co., 753
F.2d 168 (1st Cir. 1985).
- Rhode Island Handicapped Action Comm. v. Rhode Island
Pub. Transit Auth., 718 F.2d 490 (1st Cir. 1983).
- Appointed by then
Chief Judge Ernest C. Torres and Chief Judge
Mary M. Lisi to consecutive terms on
the Local Rules Review Committee of the United States
District Court for the District of Rhode Island.